Ospreys and Bailing Twine
Last Update vor 3 Monaten
Osprey line their nests with soft materials , such as moss, grass, and lichen. They also love to pick up bailing twine lift in the fields! This is a problem because:
- Bailing twine easily tangles in the Osprey's sharp talons.
- Bailing twine can entangle and kill about 10% of chicks and many adults.
What can you do?
The good news is that Osprey's are very resilient, and this problem is easy to fix:
- Pick up all the use baling twine in fields and on fence posts.
- Store used twin out of sight - in barns or in 45 gallon drums.
- Dispose of old baling twine safely out of reach of Osprey.
- Spread the word - tell your friends and neighbors.
- The Osprey will thank you.